Flitwick is pronounced 'Flitick' (the w is silent).
A wetland reserve of fen, meadow and wet woodland left behind after peat was cut from the site.
Tel. 01954 713500.
Open at all times.
A large sepulchral chapel attached to Flitton village church containing sculpted and effigied monuments
to the de Grey family of Wrest Park, 1614 to 1859. Tel. 01525 860000.
Open please telephone or check website.
An extensive English garden developed by the de Grey family and displaying over 200 years of garden history.
Follies and other architectural features. Waterside and woodland paths. Formal gardens near the mansion.
Some unfurnished but opulently decorated State Rooms in the French-style Mansion are open. Exhibition on the
history of the de Grey family and their estate. Café. Tel. 01525 860000.
Open Apr-Oct, Daily 1000-1800 (1700 in Oct). Nov-Mar, SSu (and WThF in Mar) 1000-1600. The Mansion may be closed if an event is booked, please check the website.
It is a long but pleasant walk to Wrest Park, mostly along good footpaths with gates, there are no stiles. The path through Flitwick Moor Nature Reserve may be muddy after wet weather. Buses operate from Bedford and Luton to Silsoe, ½ mile from Wrest Park.