The National Trust heathland and woodland around West Runton provides good views along the coast and out to sea. The summit of Incleborough Hill is ½ mile from the station. The earthworks at Roman Camp (1 mile) were once a naval look-out. Exploring the many footpaths in the area may be combined with walking to Felbrigg Hall (see below). The beach is ¾ mile from the station.
Rescued animals including heavy horses. Blacksmith and shire horse demonstrations.
Farming Bygones Museum with carts, wagons, caravans and farm machinery.
Children's activity areas. Café.
Tel. 01603 736200.
Open Easter-Oct, MTWThSu (also Fri Jun-Aug) 1000-1700.
One of the finest 17th century houses in East Anglia. The Hall contains its original 18th century furniture,
a large collection of Grand Tour paintings and an outstanding library. The restored Walled Garden includes a
working dovecote. There are waymarked walks through the Park. Restaurant, tearoom and picnic tables.
Tel. 01263 837444.
Open Mar-Oct, MTWSSu (Daily in Aug) 1100-1700. Estate walks open daily all year.
Part of the walk from West Runton station is along a narrow road with no path for much of the way, take care because this road is busy at times. Felbrigg Hall is 2¼ miles from Roughton Road or 2½ miles from Cromer and these stations are more suitable for walking directly to Felbrigg Hall.